JTAC modernization?

ShuRugal

Hell, just being able to self-designate a coordinate in CA would go a long way towards making artillery just that bit more useful.

The sad part is, unlike with JTAC, I think most of the actual code is already there to make artillery viable. It's just the connection between one unit (or player) being able to transfer target coordinates to another unit (or player) that is truly missing. Even it were just the ability for one side to give a grid reference and for the other to go “ok, I'll mark in on my map” to start the targeting calculation.

Sure, there could probably be tweaks made to the time to ready or the control precision and all that, but the interlinking is… well… the main missing link at the moment.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

The JTAC in its current form can lase and pass a CAS brief, that's about it. More of a JFO than a JTAC. As someone who reads the 3-09 in its entirety at least twice a day, I never play CAS unless we can get someone who knows what's going on to hop in a combined arms slot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1