Mission 2 - nothing in this mission is going to plan

Hello,

Misson 2 completely falls apart. SEAD team is defeated by AA fire, you cannot do bombing runs because AA remains active. Sometimes even the F14s lose to the 29s ... has anyone tested this with the more recent DCS and FA18 updates?

22 hours ago, bernardv said:

Hello,

Misson 2 completely falls apart. SEAD team is defeated by AA fire, you cannot do bombing runs because AA remains active. Sometimes even the F14s lose to the 29s ... has anyone tested this with the more recent DCS and FA18 updates?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you specify the problem a bit. What tasks you gave to flights of your squadron and what exactly happened? If you have  a Tacview file of the mission it would be very helpful. In mission 2 enemy has air superiority and full air defense capabilities. A careful planning is needed. One SEAD flight might do it with SA-10 but it's not certain at all. There are no F-14s in the campaign and F-18s are not unbeatable against MIG-29s. So it's definitely possible to get beaten by the enemy.

Spoiler

Here is a Tacview file of my last flight today. Air Superiority level <10% and Enemy Air Defense level >90%. I tried to make a OCA-strike to Bandar Lengeh. Two CAP flights including me and my wingman. Two SEAD flights to area B and one strike flight. We made it through enemy fighters, other SEAD flight was hit badly but the other one took out the SA-10. I had two HARMs with me and I took out the SA-6. I made a mistake and sent strike flight in too early and it was taken down by the SA-10. Without this error they would have made it to the target.

Tacview-20240129-184535-DCS-STAGE 2 80 perf.zip.acmi