Search Light and Landing Light Functions Reversed

Czech6

Just started flying the Huey again and during a night flight I notice the search light was odd.  I landed and checked it out from an external view and the fuctions are reversed.  The search light functions are acting on the landing light and the landing light fuctions are acting on the search light.  This may be because the two lights have been mis-labeled in the past.  The original manual I have didn't show the lights labeled in the model views.  Chuck's 2017 and 2021 guides show the search light at the front of the fuselage labeled as the landing light, and the landing light in the middle of the fuselage bottom as the search light.  The bottom light has the search light features like panning right and left.  A review of the TM diagram will show that the search light is the light at the front of the fuselage and the landing light is on the bottom.  Logically, the pilot would want the search light in front scanning where he is headed, and the crew chief uses the landing light to illuminate the area below the helicopter so that he can give the pilot guidance away from tree stumps, big rocks, and trucks, etc.  Also, the extend and retract buttons should stop movement when button is released as that is the method for setting the forward/downward angle of the light.

And Chuck might have been aware of this but marked the image to correspond to the way the sim handles these functions.

Edited by Czech6