HayRake Navigation?

AG-51_Razor

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the Navy wasn't the only branch of service to use this technology for getting the planes back home. I believe that the Army Air Corps also used a similar, if not identical method of allowing their planes to navigate their way back home. If ED could figure out a way to make this happen for the upcoming Magnitude 3 LLC F4U-1D, it shouldn't be too difficult to make it available to the rest of the planes as it only involved tuning in a radio frequency, there were no cockpit instruments involved. It would be nice to be able to get around without having to use the F10 map. And before y'all jump on me like a duck on a Junebug, I am aware of the method of time, distance and heading (dead reckoning).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the Navy wasn't the only branch of service to use this technology for getting the planes back home. I believe that the Army Air Corps also used a similar, if not identical method of allowing their planes to navigate their way back home. If ED could figure out a way to make this happen for the upcoming Magnitude 3 LLC F4U-1D, it shouldn't be too difficult to make it available to the rest of the planes as it only involved tuning in a radio frequency, there were no cockpit instruments involved. It would be nice to be able to get around without having to use the F10 map. And before y'all jump on me like a duck on a Junebug, I am aware of the method of time, distance and heading (dead reckoning).

Yes, we need the YE-ZB System for all the WWII Warbirds. For ships and land.  I don't understand why it has been left out. The YE-ZB was the very first TACAN. Info here: https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&file=print&kid=704&page=1 

• Like 1