No firing control during campaigns

Dear all,

I started my career as an F18C pilot, and I was already successful in the first campaign with the task force commander. I would like to start the second one, which is the Falling Sunrise. But during the first mission and also on the second, the firing trigger didn't work, and it wasn't possible to fire on the bandits, guns, and missiles.

I checked my HOTS configuration (X52 PRO) and the control command, and everything looked good. To ensure this configuration, I restarted the first campaign and some training missions.

Can you help me find out if somebody had the same issue or if it's a bug already reported?

Do we have a solution? Without that, the campaign is not fun. Before contacting support to complain about my billing, I had other options to uninstall and reinstall. I am waiting, and I hope to have some response.

My DCS version is 2.9.3.51704 ... I also consulted different forums without success at this time.

I have long played on Flaming Cliff 2/3 and M2000C campaigns, and I have never encountered similar issues before!

Thank you all for your reply.

Cheers

DarkShadowFR

1 hour ago, DarkShadowFR said:

Dear all,

I started my career as an F18C pilot, and I was already successful in the first campaign with the task force commander. I would like to start the second one, which is the Falling Sunrise. But during the first mission and also on the second, the firing trigger didn't work, and it wasn't possible to fire on the bandits, guns, and missiles.

I checked my HOTS configuration (X52 PRO) and the control command, and everything looked good. To ensure this configuration, I restarted the first campaign and some training missions.

Can you help me find out if somebody had the same issue or if it's a bug already reported?

Do we have a solution? Without that, the campaign is not fun. Before contacting support to complain about my billing, I had other options to uninstall and reinstall. I am waiting, and I hope to have some response.

My DCS version is 2.9.3.51704 ... I also consulted different forums without success at this time.

I have long played on Flaming Cliff 2/3 and M2000C campaigns, and I have never encountered similar issues before!

Thank you all for your reply.

Cheers

DarkShadowFR

Hi,

Thank you for your message. 

I haven't heard about this kind of problem before other than configuration problems. 

You propably already have but still make sure that you have made few things:

- You have F/A-18C Gun Trigger: Second detent configured to you trigger button. If it's first detent it won't work.

- You have your Master arm set ARM

- You have selected A/A or A/G

I'll make some tests also today but let me know if these did/didn't help

Hi,

After reinstallation on mission 1, I can shoot the drone requested as an introduction without issue ... no clear why, since mission 2 .. .I skipped and try also mission 3 ... same issue - there was no possibility of shooting bandits, despite having the green light and signal to shoot with :

• A/A mode is currently selected  with the Master ARMED switched ARM
  • AMRAAM or  sidewinder was selected with the good step (change between the configuration as in mission 2/3) - try both type of missile ... with lock by radar or SCS in front
  •  The second trigger is properly defined on HOTAS controls (X52 PRO) ... just to comment
    • Works fine on the campaign '1989-Task Force Challenger' - I just rechecked now,
    • Works fine in the training sequences 'missiles air-air AIM-9L/M' ...,
    • Works also fine with the campaigns Raven One ordered simultaneously with this one!

The second trigger is configured as a Gun Trigger (press to shoot - Space touch). When I check the options/controls, the press/release is correctly detected.

I checked all my configurations on Logitech HOTS programmation, and the press is detected.

I also checked the window control panel, and the button affected by the second tiger was properly detected.

I restarted my computer ( Razen 7 / GTX3070-8G / 32Gb RAM DDR5) several times, but I haven't reinstalled DCS yet, so I'm not convinced that is the problem.

I also restarted the times the Flaming Sunrise campaigns started, and I created a new pilot in case where 🤪 ... I lost my day without success 😓, and my money, I think !!!

If you have an idea or a solution, even if it shows me as a stupid guy ... don't care; the principle is to solve it so that I can do this campaign, which seems cool!

Thank you for your answer

Cheers

I tested it with settings below and found that if trigger is set behind keyboard "spacebar" it won't work if there are any active "PRESS SPACEBAR" commands in the mission even if they are not visible for the player. But setting trigger only behind stick button it works normally. If you have trigger set only to keyboard spacebar button remove it and try to set it behind stick button. 

Trigger command.jpg

Edited by Sandman Simulations

Posted (edited)

Good evening,

Thank you for your support. I tried yesterday evening, and it worked. A new key has been affected on the second detent.

It seems to work also on other campaigns and missions already done.

Thank you again for your replies.

Cheers

Edited by DarkShadowFR

1 hour ago, DarkShadowFR said:

Good evening,

Thank you for your support. I tried yesterday evening, and it worked. A new key has been affected on the second detent.

It seems to work also on other campaigns and missions already done.

Thank you again for your replies.

Cheers

Great to hear! Hope you'll enjoy the campaign. 

It's good not to bind spacebar or backspace for any commands cause they are the keys which can be used for player action to create some interaction. I have no idea why DCS sets spacebar as default key for trigger.