Mixing of DCS BIOS builds possible?

sharkfin61

Reaching out to all the Arduino programmiing gods, is it possible to use "both"  versions of DCS BIOS in th e game? F.e. my A-10C CDU is running perfectly with a sketch that was programmed with the "original" DCS BIOS, whereas my newly made A-10 panels should be programmed with the skunkworks fork of DCS BIOS. 
(FYI, I soldered my keys in a matrix array and I don't want to rip it apart again) 

Thank you in advance for your ideas

Edited by sharkfin61
typo

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

• sharkfin61 changed the title to Mixing of DCS BIOS builds possible?

Hi Joe,

This is an issue of DCS:World updates.

To make it short, YES you can, but it depends on if the addresses have changed.

Edit: It's another matter if you want to compile the sketches again. Then it's better to use the FP files, because Hub is not up to date.

Best Regards and Happy Easter,

Vinc

Edited by Vinc_Vega
  • Thanks 1

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, Vinc_Vega  for your swift answer.
Well, I have to check the adresses (system is dismanteld atm.
New panels are prepared but not electrified or coded.
(Great if you have a little spare time at work 😉 )

Happy easter as well, hope you're doing fine over there.

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Hi Joe,

I did not mean the Rs458 nor bus addresses but those from the DscBios internal arguments. If they weren't changed by an update, your old panels should work. If you see strange behaviour that could be a reason.

Kind regards and always a happy landing.

Vinc

Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AFAIK, DCS won't let you run both at once. And if it did, that's a LOT of data to be transferring twice.

Input TO DCS may not be a problem between the two, though updates could break stuff.  It's where you take data OUT from DCS where the addresses issue will crop up.  e.g. your CDU screen lines reading code will probably fail unless you recompile it for the Fork.

Having said that, you wouldn't need to rewire the hardware - just rearrange pin numbers in the code if required.

Remember that the Flightpanels Fork is called a Fork because it was based on an earlier version of DCS-BIOS, and followed a different evolution to the original that became "Hub".  This means it's essentially the same at its base functioning.

Edited by No1sonuk