AI Task: "Employ precision munitions on players designation"

Dr4gis

Hi,

close if already requested..

With the Kiowa almost there it would be great to make buddy lasing as the designating partner available for single player missions.

Similar to the JTAC implementation, I would like to give the order once reaching a station to call in on the player stating their loadout, laser codes, playtime etc, and then being able to be tasked to attack a player designated target. 

thanks for consideration 🙂

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, LorenLuke said:

How?

If you know a command to find a player's laser point, I'm all ears.

Well, there isn't a single 'command' to do what you want, but you can create a script to do exactly what you are looking for, but it's going to be multiple lines and function calls and data scrubbing.

Start here: https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Simulator_Scripting_Engine_Documentation

10 hours ago, TEMPEST.114 said:

Well, there isn't a single 'command' to do what you want, but you can create a script to do exactly what you are looking for, but it's going to be multiple lines and function calls and data scrubbing.

Start here: https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Simulator_Scripting_Engine_Documentation

I found a way to generate a laser spot, and return that artificially created laser spot, but in a scenario where it's 'hey, I have an A10 with a targeting pod... boop, laser's on, tell me where that location is in code terms', I can't find it. 

On 8/26/2024 at 11:13 PM, LorenLuke said:

I found a way to generate a laser spot, and return that artificially created laser spot, but in a scenario where it's 'hey, I have an A10 with a targeting pod... boop, laser's on, tell me where that location is in code terms', I can't find it. 

That kind of logic you will have to create and then use the list of functions to execute it. 

56 minutes ago, TEMPEST.114 said:

That kind of logic you will have to create and then use the list of functions to execute it. 

My point is that there's no functions to find a player-generated spot. I can't point a laser from a platform and be like 'get that point'. There is no command to 'get that point'.

I can only (as best I can tell) create an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT laser spot via scripting, and return ONLY THE SPOT CREATED BY SCRIPTING.

If you know a way to find a spot generated by a player, point to it specifically, please, so I can use it, as it continues to evade me.