Cannot go into Widescreen

bursco

Have set up rez at 1280x1024 with win7 (64) and using Nvidia 8800 and cannot get the cockpit screen in wide screen - runs with back bars each side and looks stretched.

Using latest drivers 190.38 and Amd 6400+, maybe system is a little old but should still go into widescreen, trying Win7 to see how DCS runs.

Have searched all over forum but may not have looked in right place.

:music_whistling:

Any help appreciated :thumbup:

Denis

If I understand, you say your resolution is 1280x1024. That isnt a widescreen resolution. Do you mean widescreen or do you just mean that it should "fill" your screen?

If do you have a widescreen monitor find out what its native resolution is (id guess at something like 1680x1050 and set the aspect ratio in the graphics options to 1.6.

If I understand, you say your resolution is 1280x1024. That isnt a widescreen resolution. Do you mean widescreen or do you just mean that it should "fill" your screen?

If do you have a widescreen monitor find out what its native resolution is (id guess at something like 1680x1050 and set the aspect ratio in the graphics options to 1.6.

Yes I did want it to "fill" the screen with that rez.

Using 1280x1024 in WinxP with 5.4 and screen is "full" in BS cockpit - with same drivers.

Looks like W7 is different.

Thanks for quick reply - tried your advice and I had a "full" screen but find the fonts very small and with my old eyes could do with them larger.

:cry:

Thanks again

denis

Yes I did want it to "fill" the screen with that rez.

Using 1280x1024 in WinxP with 5.4 and screen is "full" in BS cockpit - with same drivers.

Looks like W7 is different.

Thanks for quick reply - tried your advice and I had a "full" screen but find the fonts very small and with my old eyes could do with them larger.

:cry:

Thanks again

denis

Hmmm I'm using windows 7 (64bit) and having no issues at all.

So your screen is set to 1280x1024? On the Nvidia control panel on the 'change resolution' page does it say 'native' next to your resolution?

In the Black Shark video options you have 1280x1024 selected and an aspect ratio of 4:3? Also just check on the monitors section its set up for 1 monitor.

Do you have the latest windows 7 Nvidia graphics drivers?

What monitor you're using?

Thanks for replies MattyST and dragony- my monitor is iiyama Prolite E2207WSV.

Have managed to "fill" screen by changing the refresh rate as in the attached pic from 59 to 60.

Cockpit screen ok now in 1280x1024 at 5:4 can read things a bit better.

Thanks again :thumbup:

denis

rez2.gif.a8875bb09b36e981cec80d28ad6cd997.gif

Thanks for replies MattyST and dragony- my monitor is iiyama Prolite E2207WSV.

Have managed to "fill" screen by changing the refresh rate as in the attached pic from 59 to 60.

Cockpit screen ok now in 1280x1024 at 5:4 can read things a bit better.

Thanks again :thumbup:

denis

I realise the text might be a little small for you but your monitor is a 22 inch widescreen with a native resolution of 1650x1080. By running it in 1280x1024 and filling the screen you are distorting the picture and not getting the full benefit of your nice big screen :(

When you say the text is too small do you mean the dials on the cockpit or the captions for the radio comms?

As Matty said earlier, you're distorting screen, your aspect ratio should be 16:9

Thanks Matty - not in 5:4 because BS puts it back to 4:3 and satisfied with that.

Maybe I am losing out with my setup but can read the gauges ok and it was the comms I was having trouble with.

Great sim but at 70 years cannot fly it like you youngsters - have to "fly" it my way.

All the best

Denis the Menace

A 70-year-old simmer? Oh my...

Bursco, have you tried setting your resolution and aspect ratio in the options menu for Black Shark? For your particular monitor, the ideal resolution would be 1680x1050, and the ideal aspect ratio would be 16:10. With these settings you would get almost the same number of vertical pixels, but far more horizontal pixels. The one difference is that your field of view on the left and right side of the screen would increase, effectively improving your peripheral vision in the game. This change would only affect Black Shark, not Windows.

Sorry if I'm stating anything that's incredibly obvious to you, but I simply don't know how tech-savvy you are.