Starforce hangs on Activation

I've checked though the forums and don't see a answer that fits my situation, so here goes:

I followed Wags' post and deleted v1.02 and the v1.1 demo and all that stuff. Clean install of v1.0 and then install v1.1. Seems to install fine.

Click on the Lock On 1.1 icon and the Starforce thing pops up. I hit automatic and paste in (or type in) my Serial Number. Click activate. Nothing. Just sits there. Window Task Manager says program "not responding". I've let it sit for over an hour and still nothing. I re-ran the v1.1 install. Same result. I re-downloaded the file. Same result.

If I click Manual, I click next since the "hardware code" (or whatever that is) is there automatically, paste in the serial number, click activate...nothing.

I've turned off my firewall and anti-virus programs just to see if they are the problem. No luck.

I really want this to work. I don't believe the anti-SF hype. But...

Any help is appreciated. Constructive help that is. ;)

-Chris

System specs in sig. WinXP Pro w/SP2

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

WR...you are my hero!

Yeah, I saw this post, but I guess I didn't "see" it. Had to do it manually using that website. Thanks loads.

On one hand, I'm glad that worked. On the other hand, it shouldn't have taken a post from DMUT to make this happen. The activation app itself should have done it. :(

My problem is solved. All for now.

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0