Start screen

Rjennings

wow, been tryin all day to install this game, heres more info..windows 7 32 bit, 3 gb memory, nvidia 8500 gt, had the game installed, installed a fresh windows 7 last night because i kept gettin the blue screen of death, game worked and played fine on previous install, trying latest driver install for the video card now, and downloading setup and data1.cab file for the second time, got my fingers crossed..

RTFM 1 page at a time.

If you please, a DxDiag would help give us a good overview of your system to try diagnosing the problem. Directions for creating a DxDiag output file are in the "Help us help you" sticky thread in this section.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Might be a similar driver issue that ATI has... where you get the options screen, but it's white and just has buttons and no background... so it's pot luck what you click, unless you know the buttons well.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Im always getting some kinda error, now i got error code 13, so im downloading the data1.cab file again, for the hundreth time. Im about to give up, if it wasnt such as awesome game i would have already! Which dll file are you talking about? and does it matter if you download the from the russian mirror site?

RTFM 1 page at a time.

Ok, its taken me all day long to install the game, honestly i believe everyone would be better off buying the retail version of the game at the store with a CD because of the countless number of times i have downloaded the data1.cab file and it give me the error 13 message. Now im afraid to run the patch, afraid it will mess the game up again, i have spent the whole day trying to install this game and i think its either the setup.exe or data1.cab files being corrupt, or the video card driver which caused the screen to turn white with no options available. Updated the video card drivers and finally got a setup.exe and data1.cab file that seemed to do what they were suspose to. buy this game on disc, thats the best advice i can give anyone.

RTFM 1 page at a time.

Ok, its taken me all day long to install the game, honestly i believe everyone would be better off buying the retail version of the game at the store with a CD because of the countless number of times i have downloaded the data1.cab file and it give me the error 13 message. Now im afraid to run the patch, afraid it will mess the game up again, i have spent the whole day trying to install this game and i think its either the setup.exe or data1.cab files being corrupt, or the video card driver which caused the screen to turn white with no options available. Updated the video card drivers and finally got a setup.exe and data1.cab file that seemed to do what they were suspose to. buy this game on disc, thats the best advice i can give anyone.

Unlucky mate... never had an issue with the download personally and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the hardcopy over here in Oz.

The left over money can go towards buying the lovely printed manual

:pilotfly:

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Download TCPView from SysInternals and see if you have something wacky going on with your network card.

Also, I did an advanced search for 'White' in English/DCS/Problems and Bugs and found posts 'White Screen' and 'Main Intro Screen White'. I say this with all possible kindness and respect; make the search tool your friend.. there's so much to know about this sim, it's almost required.

Edited by StrongHarm

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm