Re-install from an OS image

xx JPRacer xx

Hi all!

I already know that I'll need a new activation if I do a new OS install but what about if I restore a backed up image? Since it's always the same OS (with the same SIDs), will I need a new activation?

Just to be clear, the image is a clean version of the OS (with patches and tweaks), with no game installed. Just to be sure, do I need to back up the CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics registry key (and sub-keys)?

Also, what's the point of limited number of deactivations?

Thanks!

ps: Just to be clear, I'm talking about Blackshark here.

I'd say save the registry entry just to be on the safe side.

The point of limited activations is to prevent people from purchasing a license and then handing the key out to all of their friends. If you run out from legitimate use you can get refills however, and A-10C will use a modified solution in this regard that should completely negate this issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks for the reply EtherealN. I'll backup the registry key just to be safe.

And my last question was what's the point of limited number of DE-activation. Why can't I have unlimited deactivations if change my hardware frequently? I would prefer 2-3 activations but with unlimited deactivation.

I really hope Blackshark will receive the same DRM scheme of A-10.

Oh, sorry. I believe that's a technical limitation but I am unsure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Awesome. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester