Mission/track files for JTAC-guided LGB run

Bahger

Using Bulletproof's excellent JTAC-assisted laser guided bombing mission with FAC, I made the two attached track files to demonstrate how it all comes together. You'll see from the first .trk that on the second run, I lose the lase for some reason but manage to redsignate from the jet.

I have found that as long as your TGP is ground-stabilised, you can move the diamond icon to the FAC location and then to his datalinked reference ppoint to give yourself a course from the IP and get the laser in the target area without too much searching. You only need place an SPI once, on the laser point box after it has detected the FAC's buddy-lase. It gets hectic, especially with all the radio stuff; you need to be sure of your switchology.

Let me know what you think. I have attached both the track and mission files.

I've watched the .trk files and think they are great. Very helpful in trying to get my head around JTAC/JFAC and how things play out. However, I have one question, and this really has nothing to do with the subject of the post, but how what did you do to get that perfectly centered cockpit view while you are flying? That's the view I've been trying to acheive as default with TrackIR and I haven't been able to get it. I know its a stupid question but just thought I'd ask.

Again, thanks for the .trk and .miz files.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Thanks guys. JTAC is the great glory of this sim, as it is really well implemented (except for the limitation of one target per FAC and out) because it sets DCS A-10 apart from all others and is an indespensible aspect of the realistic simulation of the A-10's ground-support mission.

@Whippler, keep it simple for the moment and use the easy radio option/assist so that all you have to worry about is selecting the right radio transmit/receive button.

@DocSigma, yeah, it's very important to re-center cockpit view in this sim because there is a lot of head-down stuff and none too much turning-and-burning. I mapped the Numpad 5 key, which centers the cockpit view, to a shifted HOTAS button function (DMS Right). It works well. By using shifted functions on the DMS button for TIR on/off, TIR re-center, TIR precision (which I never use...) and cockpit view center, my most important cockpit view functions are harmonised and easy to access. I recommend this approach highly. I have also mapped cockpit view "slow" movement controls to the stick trim hat, shifted; this works nicely too, especially because I have too much ambient light in my office to use TIR in the daytime. Hope this helps.

Edited by Bahger