AI F-111

Is anyone working on F-111 model?

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=F-111&btnG=Search

As some remember, this AI plane was in old Flanker series but has been removed for unknown reasons. I guess that reason was lack of time for new and improved 3D model? I'm not hiding the truth that F-111 Aardvark is my all time favourite fighter-bomber plane. I do fly it in FS2004 (got it from http://www.alphasim.co.uk - their 3D model is fantastic). What I'm truly looking foward to is the return of AI F-111 in LockOn, and maybe even this time together with EF-111 Raven electronic warfare plane (http://www.flightheritage.com/images/F111/F111.jpg).

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Yes. I'm pretty aware it is a lot of work. F-111 is my suggestion to 3rd party model artists. I'm not going to whine around if noone actually cares to do it. It is just my wishlist, suggestion, whatever you want to call it.

I remember that once on UBI forums one guy managed to import Flanker2 3d model to LockOn and made it fly. Though he never made it available as a mod.

cheers, Sky Eagle

sorry I've bothered

tail# 44 or 444

I remember that once on UBI forums one guy managed to import Flanker2 3d model to LockOn and made it fly. Though he never made it available as a mod.

I did actually ;)

You can download the F-111 mod here

It is a self extracting archieve, which installs all elements required for having the F-111F added to the list of aircraft(AI only). Just run the installer, specify the path to your Lock-on parent folder and click "install" - thats it :) .

Please note that it was made for V1.02 only.

- JJ.

JJ

Oh Alfa :D That's fantastic, by I think I pass :( I'm using 1.1 like many others now and I'm pretty sure that meinit file will broke a lot of other things in my LockOn.

You're more aware which lines are criticall to add F-111 to LockOn without breaking other thing. If you find some time, maybe you could look into this?

tail# 44 or 444

Oh Alfa :D That's fantastic, by I think I pass :( I'm using 1.1 like many others now and I'm pretty sure that meinit file will broke a lot of other things in my LockOn.

You're more aware which lines are criticall to add F-111 to LockOn without breaking other thing. If you find some time, maybe you could look into this?

No you should not attempt to install the above mod in V1.1....it would be a bad idea to say the least - e.g. the Su-25T would dissapear :biggrin: .

Yes I can make a V1.1 version for you - it is only a matter of replacing the MEinit.xml, so I will see if I get the time tonight :)

- JJ.

JJ

• 3 weeks later...

F-111 mod for Lock-On V1.1

Hi,

Ok sorry for the delay - I have uploaded the Lock-on V1.1 compatible F-111 mod to my web site.

Please see my post here on the (for this purpose correct) "mods" section of the forum for details and a download link :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ