Campaign, Missions how to play question

After 2 months studing and learning the A10c I strated the second campaign 1st mission for training. In this mission some times you have to destroy a bridge and some times to cover advancing troops.

With the bridge senario I destroy the bridge and then get 100% mission succes. After this if I contact jtac it gives me targets. Should I play it like that? First Primary objective and then jtac? Ok I know I get 100% success but I just fire one maverick.

With the cover the advancing troops scenario should I first contact jtac for targets? Or take out targets by my own as I see fit. Some time jtac sends me on harms way with cbu's. And if I dont follow they say "abort abort". So how do I have to play this?

Also jtac gives heading of how to engage targets. How do I follow this its like 00- 024 something like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

You can play it however you like. ;) If you just want to progress through the campaign, you need a score/completion of > 50% - that will then let you move on to the next stage of the campaign when you quit. If you want to take on the entire Russian army in every mission, go for it!

For realism, you'd probably only want to let yourself consider a mission complete if you RTB and land without dying (or alternatively, ejecting over friendly territory might be acceptable).

Taking on additional work outside of your actual mission (e.g. contacting JTAC after you've taken out the bridge and asking for additional targets) is probably not 'realistic', unless your mission briefing is "destroy the bridge, then contact JTAC and assist as much as you can". In general I think a pilot would follow their orders and get themselves and their ship back to base in one piece so it can be used in the next sortie. Every time you attack something (or really, any time you even think about getting in the jet :lol:) you risk it being damaged or destroyed.

Philosophy aside, for your specific questions:

• if you check in with JTAC, you must follow their instructions and only their instructions. They magically know if you're even thinking about shooting something else and will scream ABORT ABORT ABORT at you. It doesn't really matter in any real sense, but if you want to avoid it just make sure you don't contact JTAC until you're happy to be under their complete control. You can always check out if you need to divert.
  • The 'final attack heading' they give is a range between two bearings. When you make your attack, you should be heading between those two. So if they say 'final attack heading 020 090' then you need to be heading north-east when you make your attack.

• Like 1