Which Switch interface to use??

underhover

Hi Guys my name is Peter I am from Australia, first of all may I say some brilliant projects being done here. I have just finished my CNC router and am looking at building a A10 cockpit, I would like to construct some panels first so I need your ideas on the best and easiest card to use for switches, led's etc. There are so many out there what one seems to work best with dcs.

All comments would be appreciated.

Regards Pete

• Like 1

Hello Peter,

If you want to buy something cheap to try and make a small panel, I would go with Leo Bodnar's BU0836. That's the cheapest way to wire up a few inputs to test with. It is a bit of a hassle to use all the inputs on the BU0836 however, so it is only good for testing about 6 inputs or maybe a few more. If you want easy wiring you have to use the BU0836X which is more expensive, but if 32 inputs is all you need that may be a good choice. If you want to make a lot of panels or a full cockpit I would recommend the joystick controller that I have developed. Link is in my signature.

/Niclas

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

I was trying to be objective ;)

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

Price is not really a object, I just want to find out if you had to start from scratch what would you use. I am a beliver in only doing things once thats why I dont mind paying more for a product that will be more beneficial in the long run, like something that handles switches and leds. Helios seems to be a good way to get the gauges setup without having to worry about servos and steppers. I hope I am making sense.

Regards Pete

You should think of how many switches you will have!

Make sure that you can buy enough interface/ports!

I did end up to short! I use GP-Wiz40, and I have 3 of them, but need more....

So now I buy a interface from brydling to cover my needs.

Its all down to how many switches/leds/rotary you need.

DrStrix

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Thanks Strix the board from brydling is certainly nice, but what about leds which board can I use to interface them. Oh sorry should have said it in my first post but I will be building the full A10 cockpit, but I am hoping to make it work in DCS and FSX.

Regards Pete

You should think of how many switches you will have!

Make sure that you can buy enough interface/ports!

I did end up to short! I use GP-Wiz40, and I have 3 of them, but need more....

So now I buy a interface from brydling to cover my needs.

Its all down to how many switches/leds/rotary you need.

DrStrix

Just came across the Phidget led64 board that apparently works with helios, looks promising.

http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=1030

Edit Damit just saw that it is discontinued.

Regards Pete

These work very well with helios. I am using two 1031 boards at the moment.

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."