Add Black Shark to Steam collection?

fountainhead

Hi,

Back when Black Shark was just coming out, I bought myself a copy of it through the e-shop (here). I now see the game has been added to Steam, which is excellent as I have all my games there, and wanted to know if I can just dig up my key from back then and add it to Steam? Or do I have to buy another copy? If so, are there any plans on making a DCS-pack with all of the games in one at a discounted price? :smilewink:

Edit: I was just browsing the website again and saw that there's now a Black Shark 2 out. Is this coming to Steam as a seperate product or will Black Shark automatically update to BS2 on Steam?

Edited by fountainhead

BS2 is a payware upgrade that gives you compatibility with A-10 and a variety of other things. It's not going on steam because AFAIK steam is refusing to sell it. Since you have BS1 already buy the BS2 Upgrade pack for $20.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Regarding using your key to use as a Steam copy: no, not possible. This is only possible (generally) for Valve games, and games that exclusively use the Steam platform (for those, it would otherwise have been impossible to sell through retail :P ). Added to this is a very small list of exceptions.

Regarding BS2 availability on Steam, nothing is ever set entirely in stone since ED does obviously want to sell through as many outlets as possible - that's just good business sense. But at present this is not possible, though this might change.

Good book btw. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Regarding using your key to use as a Steam copy: no, not possible. This is only possible (generally) for Valve games, and games that exclusively use the Steam platform (for those, it would otherwise have been impossible to sell through retail :P ). Added to this is a very small list of exceptions.

Regarding BS2 availability on Steam, nothing is ever set entirely in stone since ED does obviously want to sell through as many outlets as possible - that's just good business sense. But at present this is not possible, though this might change.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll wait and see what happens on steam the next few months.

Good book btw. :)

:smartass:

I have DCS A10C on Steam. I want to get Black Shark 2 so everything is compatible. Should I buy the Steam version of BS and then buy the upgrade patch directly from ED? How should I go about this?

The easiest way of doing that if you don't own BS yet is buy the full Bs2 from ED for $40, you can do it your way just work at the cost and your way is more complicated.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Agreed with Jona33, if you don't already have BS1, just get BS2 full (not the "upgrade") and you'll have a 100% standalone product. If memory serves (typing from New Years party on tablet so I can't really check) it's only 26 dollars for the full one during the holiday sale.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Okay, and then is there a thread that speaks on how you play online with the two components mixed? If I feel like flying BS I load that up and can see A10 missions that have BS units and vice versa?

Both talk to the same servers. Just load the simulator for the aircraft you want to fly. (And assuming that the server you are connecting to is running a mission with slots for that aircraft.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester