Keyboard + Joystick show up in control, but dont work in game

SpyderPB6

Hey guys, I searched around a bit for this but didnt see it.

Sorry if this has been posted or has some really simple fix.

I startup BS2 and go to the controls and can see that my X52 is mapped by default, and my keyboard works fine in selecting or modifying controls.

However, when I start the game, load a cold start for example, after getting past the pause/break screen, my keyboard and joystick have no function. The only button on my keyboard that seems to do anything is esc, to leave the game. My mouse works, and I can do everything with that, but no input commands works from my keyboard or joystick.

I am thinking this is something stupid that I forgot....any pointers? I just re-formatted and redownloaded and installed BS and BS2. It was working fine before....

Hmmm

Thanks so much,

Mike.

Thanks for the reply,

I am not using a specific profile. I simply installed my drivers for the X52 and loaded up the game. I am using the game's default assignment for the X52, the layout of which can be found in Blackshark2/Doc/DCS BS2 Saitek X52 assignment EN.

Yes I noticed that, and it was indeed setup in Sim mode. The interesting this here though is that the keyboard doesnt work either. Only the escape button works.

What I did here was go to C/users/my name/saved games/BS2 and deleted that profile folder. It restored default everything of course, but I saved all of my relevant lua files before hand.

Thanks for the replies guys.

• 3 months later...