P-51D Rocket Salvo Number Rotary Weird Result

ErichVon

(Place to forum where it is appropriate, please)

P-51D Real:

========

My CH-Profile I made for the Fighterstick, I mapped Button 3 for Weapons Release (Right Alt + Space).

In flight, firing at a target, one rocket release, as I release the rocket the numerical value to the Rockets Counter Control, let me say "1" salvo will increase consecutively as I release another rocket until the value will exceed the remaining rockets I have and then they won't fire. This has happened a few times, probably every time.

So to correct this, I reset the rotary back to 1 after each rocket salvo, if it is set just for 1, by clicking the 2 keys together [Left Alt + 8 (not the number pad)] Rocket Counter Reset---for now, I mapped a button to reset it.

But I think there is a snafu in the Weapons Release button coding. I do not program. I just noticed the effect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like the P-51 best of anything DCS or FC2 has in the inventory. Until ED/DCS give us the Bf/Me-109 ;) I can kill a tank just with the .50cal guns and the fixed reticule, sometimes on the 1st pass, phooey with the rockets.

(I made some statements earlier about A.I. not being very vicious, not realizing there was quite a nice variety of training missions kind of hidden, that I later found. I was wrong, some of the A.I. training missions are more challenging than one-on-one with most of the real people in Multiplayer. Nice job you guys. Your P-51 is better than what Aces High has currently and more fun.)

Edited by ErichVon

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.

The rocket counter is not a salvo setting. It is a mechanism that chooses which rocket to fire. Each time you depress the release button, it fires a rocket and increments the counter to the next station. It eventually walks through all the stations, firing each rocket until it's out of stations.

Resetting the counter will have no effect since all your rockets have been fired (at least until you reload).

This has worked correctly every time I've used it.

- WH_Mouse

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.

The rocket counter is not a salvo setting. It is a mechanism that chooses which rocket to fire. Each time you depress the release button, it fires a rocket and increments the counter to the next station. It eventually walks through all the stations, firing each rocket until it's out of stations.

Resetting the counter will have no effect since all your rockets have been fired (at least until you reload).

This has worked correctly every time I've used it.

I will go run the training video again in game considering setting up the rockets. I could be wrong.

You are correct. And I am wrong.

Thanks for the clarification.

I did have 2 rockets remaining that did not launch when fired. Maybe I sustained battle damage. The numerical value was 12. I had 10 rockets at the start of the mission. I RTB with rockets on the wing and landed. I was in Mutiplayer and killed a freighter with a multi-salvo.

Edited by ErichVon