Question about skinning

Col.Flanders

Hi,

I've started with my 1st skinning attempt and I'm using the Nvidia DDS plugin for photoshop. I'm not having much luck at the moment as in the model viewer the model is being displayed with all textures missing. It seems to me that I have my save settings all screwy. At least I think that's where the problem lies. I did look at a PDF tutorial by a community member where he uses an external program to convert to DDS but I'm sure this plugin is just as capable, if not more so. I've tried to stick to the save settings he used but as I say, no joy.

My current settings:

qzIu.jpg

maybe its the file you opened?

Step 2

You need 12 files to cover the aircraft with textures, they are named i.e: a-10c_23th fs_1-a.bmp.dds, a-10c_23th fs_1-b.bmp.dds, and so on, the last file is named a-10c_23th fs_1-l.bmp.dds.

If you want to have a clean texture set, look for the files named a-10c_def_1-a.bmp.dds

http://a10.thomas-kerzner.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=9&Itemid=11

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

no thats the correct format (well it works anyway, I've used DXT1 no alpha as well) How is your file structure and do you know how the description.lua works in the liveries folder?

contrary to the link in the above post, i tend to save my new textures in a newly created folder in the liveries folder. copy a description .lua from another livery then edit it for my own needs. all entrys in the description .lua that refer to textures stored along side it in the livery folder need the last part of the line changing from 'true to 'false'. the below image shows my new texture folder containing all the required textures and the description.lua open in notepad+. any entry that ends in true or any entry that is not there at all (you'll notice there is no specular maps, normal maps or textures for the pilot etc) will use the default texture stored in ?:\DCS A-10C\Bazar\World\textures\A-10.

skinsstructure.jpgMaybe you know all this allready but it might help i guess.