Extracting L/L coordinates from TGP

yodosha

Hi, my problem is the following:

I stumbled upon this marvelous piece of document quite well explaining the usage of cockpit triggers and when i saw "TGP zoom level" my instant reaction was: spotting with TGP for ground units would be kinda cool. My only problem is that i don't have any access to these parameters (afaik console is disabled for mortal humans). The plan is to place some sort of static object (eg. a tank group), which the player should not spot, his/her units will waltz into it and suffer. If he/she spots the target with the pod, the units will take another route possibly flanking the opposition.

So my request to those who have access to this: Could you please be so kind and take a screenshot of the parameters?(or type it whichever you prefer) I'm mostly interested in "console.out(list_cockpit_params())" (i have no idea if this has the L/L coords) or "console.out(list_indication(0))", 0 being the TGP or 1 for MFCD. (this one's definitely got it....somewhere) OR anyone knows a way to extract this information (be it SPI coords or just plain TGP) without considerable lua wizardry.

Thanks for the answers :joystick:

Well, it's not what you requested, but you could "warn" ground units of trouble areas by marking them with smoke rockets and using the weapons_impacting_in_zones or weapons_impacting_in_moving_zones functions provided by Slmod.

The server hosting the mission must have Slmod installed, however, and it will only work in multiplayer.

If TGP aimpoint is not listed under the cockpit triggers guide, then maybe it's accessible with export.lua. I don't think it is, but MAYBE it is. But even if it is, that falls under the banner of "considerable Lua wizardry" that you want to avoid.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Hi, my problem is the following:

I stumbled upon this marvelous piece of document quite well explaining the usage of cockpit triggers and when i saw "TGP zoom level" my instant reaction was: spotting with TGP for ground units would be kinda cool. My only problem is that i don't have any access to these parameters (afaik console is disabled for mortal humans). The plan is to place some sort of static object (eg. a tank group), which the player should not spot, his/her units will waltz into it and suffer. If he/she spots the target with the pod, the units will take another route possibly flanking the opposition.

So my request to those who have access to this: Could you please be so kind and take a screenshot of the parameters?(or type it whichever you prefer) I'm mostly interested in "console.out(list_cockpit_params())" (i have no idea if this has the L/L coords) or "console.out(list_indication(0))", 0 being the TGP or 1 for MFCD. (this one's definitely got it....somewhere) OR anyone knows a way to extract this information (be it SPI coords or just plain TGP) without considerable lua wizardry.

Thanks for the answers :joystick:

Damn, this is one helluva a good question for a first post!! :thumbup:

Welcome.

I would have gone at this with some form of F10 added a series of radio messages -- move units: (a) south of river (b) over river © thru woods to grandma's house, etc. And of course use flags to make the units move, etc., something similar to Druid's trick for making the tanker reposition itself. As the player, spot it however you like but realistically the TGP is going to be pretty critical to doing this.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I sort of succeeded at reaching my goal... First my idea was to make the player enter the coordinates like it was a waypoint and checking the buttons of the MFCDs, but I was sort of robbed of my motivation when I couldn't find a better way of checking the coords than adding the entered numbers and checking the sum. (the reason for the delay)

But today I discovered that if I add the line do and end in the script editor the game won't crash!

I was able to do some more than just adding the numbers and it looks quite usable. The method is that the player enters the coord on the UFC and verifies in the radio menu. After entering both coords, the player can send it, then it's just a matter of checking it.

What I'm not sure of:

-Will it work in multiplayer?

-It might be less complicated and faster if the whole thing was within the radio menu. (faster=faster entry because button detection seems to be done at 1Hz which means the player have to press and hold buttons or wait a bit if he/she wants to re-enter the same number.)

Attached the mission file, check it in the mission planner at your own risk. (I'm no programmer so it might not be very efficient)

scratchtest_adv.miz