DCS World Crashes After Selecting Mission

ddocg

Hi,

I have installed DCS World and unfortunately it is not running :(.

My machine specs are

Windows XP SP3 Now Upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 64

Core 2 Duo @ 2.40Ghz

3GB Ram Now Upgraded to 8Gb

ATI 5700 Video Card @ 1024MB

Upon completion of installation of DCS World 1.2.2 I open the Desktop shortcut for single player and select Instant Action, I then choose SU25 on a ground attack mission at this point I am returned to my Desktop and a CMD window opens then closes, the mission never loads and I end up with a memory error message being that it is unable to read a certain address.

I am at work right now and won't be able to confirm the error message until later when I return home.

I'd appreciate comments and\or help as to where I might be going wrong.

Many thanks

Dave.

Edited by ddocg
To show upgraded machine specification

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Acer S271HL 27 inch monitor 1No 8" lilliput touch screen, running uMFCD

TM HOTAS Cougar with TUSBA TM Cougar Stick Simped F16 C with RUSBA Track IR5

• 3 months later...

Hugely Unimpressed

Title says it all really, I had DCSW working and now I find it won't even launch or update or repair for that matter.

Like others I now receive the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Further I find there appears to be no solution to this problem or even a post from the developers in a prominent position acknowledging the problem far less any workaround.

I was tempted to uninstall then reinstall however, I note that I can't even check what modules I have bought from DCS on their website as each time I try to log in I receive four options one of which is to check payments on my account however clicking the payments option I am taken to a page showing which modules are available to buy!

I was caught out this way before when I had previously bought DCS BS however no record of that transaction existed on my account and I was effectively forced to buy it again after downloading DCSW.

So, it seems I am left with ~$100 of software that has a mind of its own.

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Impressed

Okay I appear to be making some progress :)

I found this http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88164

Goto post #3 and download the VC++ 2010 redistributable - in my case the x64 version

You should then open Control Panel > Add Remove Programs and check what VC++ 2010 versions you have installed > the version you download from above will be version 10.0.30319 anything other than this version will give you the 000007b error so make sure you only have 10.0.30319 installed.

I had 10.0.40429 installed and had to remove it, in doing so I am now currently updating DCS World albeit slowly however I have not received any errors yet.

Thanks and hope this helps someone

Dave.

Dave

• 6 months later...