Message/Sound to country

onib89

Hello!

good evening! There is a problem which I hope you can fix immediately cause i'm making COMBINED ARMS MP CAMPAIGN.

as you see in the picture below, next to each plane shows the country's flag. But on ground forces only appears blue / red side. This results not work the messages or sounds to a country when first person in a ground unit ..

Screen_130419_201636.jpg

Yes, that is what I said yesterday.

All units/groups belong to a country which belongs to a coalition.

Combined Arms creates a "virtual unit" that only belongs to a coalition and is not limited to the units it can control as long as the units belong to their coalition.

You will have to use message to coalition and specify which ground forces a message is meant for.

The only possible fix for this would require a somewhat substantial change in how Combined Arms is implemented into the mission. And I am not sure if or when the change will ever be made. I had requested in the past to give CA players a unique groupId so that "Message to Group" would be an option, however it seems impossible for the time being.

Can admin merge these two threads: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104443

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum