DCS-World won't load after successful install

Saxon66

I have downloaded the 1.2 version of this DCS World twice now, thats over 8GB of downloading to Australia, and all I get is the same crash at launch saying a error - 0xc000007b.

My DVD install of A-10C works perfectly and on the highest graphics, 0% frame loss. Yet no DCS World :/

I am running a very nice build;

OS - Win 7 64bit

Mobo - ASUS Rampage IV Formula ROG, X79 socket 2011

CPU - i7 3820 3.6Ghz

Graphics - (2) x ASUS NVIDIA GTX-560 1GB

RAM - 16G Kingston DDR3 1600Mhz matched pair.

So as you can see, its not my pc. Possibly the 64bit OS?

Can someone look into that error code for me and how it applies to this MOD, I would like to get all the packs but not if I cant play World :(

Cheers if you can help.

Saxon.

In my experience, DCS is much more stable on 64 bit. On a 32 bit machine, you often have do some memory tweaks just to give it enough memory to operate, and sometimes even that might not be enough.

First of all, upload dcs.log and me.log from C:\Users\<Your User Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs.

Secondly, some common trouble-shooting solutions I can think of are:

1) You are installing the right thing. You want to install DCS World 1.2.0. Wipe out your install if you installed anything else.

2) If there is a folder at C:\Users\<Your User Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS, delete or rename it to wipe the game's settings out and start afresh (after uploading dcs.log and me.log of course).

3) If you never installed them, you should install the DirectX 9 files that the game prompts you to install at the end of the installation process (even if you have DX11).

4) If you never installed them, you should install the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries the game prompts you to install at the end of the installation process.

5) You have UAC disabled.

6) You are running the game as administrator (it will not run as administrator unless you tell it to, even if you are an administrator. Real intuitive, right? That is the nature of Windoze 7).

I miss anything?

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

One more thing i´d have to add.

If you choose to install DCS:World into a different directory than the one suggested during the installation process make sure to rename the DCS World folder into something else,e.g. DCS World 120.

The original installation naming works only for installations into the default directory. At least that´s what my squadmates and myself learned.

Best regards

Herby

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Still no luck with this install, I have tried everything now and still the same prob. Speed, I only get files in a saved folder if the gameactually loads up, like if I install A-10C it gets a saved folder, but world wont even get past a dos box. Fails at the launcher every time. I have read forums and followed many an advice, even installed early DX9, Its not my PC, I run the kick ass games and at full graphics, FSX is cruising along at 4000Mhz, low temps, I am now using a GTX 660 TI OC 2GB, in a week I will be upgrading my hard drive so I will be using a clean Win7 64 OS. One more try and that's all I can be stuffed with, which would be a pitty because I wanted all of their products :/