Problem With Throttle of MiG-21bis

Vitormouraa

What's up guys.. so this is my first thread help, so, I have a problem with the Throttle, my problem is that I can't use it in the MiG, I'll explain for you.. I have the Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, and his throttle has a problem with pontentiometer.. and I had to change it, but I want to play DCS while I change it, so I use buttons of the joystick to use the throttle, you can using + and - at default Keyboard, BUT, the problem with the MiG is, I CAN'T DO IT, I can't use button of joystick to use throttle on the joystick.. I tried put one button there, but no, I can't, so can you guys help me ? I want to play with the MiG, and it's really hard land with the Keyboad and Joystick at the same time.. please :( :( :( :(

2gBLGKM.jpg

Hbt9W5A.jpg

Here, there is no option to put any button of joystick..

Edited by Vitormouraa

Did you try to set "Throttle Up (joystick)"? It's the option below the one highlighted in your screenshot.

With the MiG-21 some of the actions have two separate bindings for keyboard and joystick.

If that doesn't work I'm pretty sure it's an easy fix in the controller .lua.

Edited by PiedDroit
clarify

Yes, I tried, but it's not working.. I treid fix it with the HTML file.. but I have no idea how to do it

I tried today but it wasn't working either, congratulations, it's a bug!

The html is only an output (it's generated from the actual controller profile on demand), modifying it won't change anything.

The bindings are controlled from two files, one is in your game directory (ex: DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua) that you don't modify directly.

The other one is a diff file (ex: Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\MiG-21Bis\joystick\Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {89141D80-9A0F-11e2-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua) that stores the differences between the default profile and your setup (this is the file that is modified when you change your controls in the game).

Here is a fix for the game binding file, it's temporary and will be overwritten on next update:

1. Clear any bindings you made for "Throttle Up (joystick)" and "Throttle Down (joystick)" in DCS options

2. Close DCS and backup the two aforementioned files (default.lua and Joystick .....diff.lua).

3. Edit DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua

4. Comment those two lines (by adding -- in front), should be at line 170:

-- {combos={{key='Num+'}},pressed=device_commands.ThrottleInc,up=device_commands.ThrottleInc,cockpit_device_id=devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM,value_pressed=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Throttle Up (joystick)',category='Flight Controls'},
-- {combos={{key='Num-'}},pressed=device_commands.ThrottleDec,up=device_commands.ThrottleDec,cockpit_device_id=devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM,value_pressed=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Throttle Down (joystick)',category='Flight Controls'},

5. Add the two following lines just below:

{combos = {{key = 'Num+'}}, down = iCommandThrottle1Increase, up = iCommandThrottle1Stop, name = 'Throttle Up', category = 'Flight Controls'},
  {combos = {{key = 'Num-'}}, down = iCommandThrottle1Decrease, up = iCommandThrottle1Stop, name = 'Throttle Down', category = 'Flight Controls'},

You should now have this in your default.lua file:

-- Controls
--  {combos={{key='Num+'}},pressed=device_commands.ThrottleInc,up=device_commands.ThrottleInc,cockpit_device_id=devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM,value_pressed=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Throttle  Up (joystick)',category='Flight Controls'},
--  {combos={{key='Num-'}},pressed=device_commands.ThrottleDec,up=device_commands.ThrottleDec,cockpit_device_id=devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM,value_pressed=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Throttle  Down (joystick)',category='Flight Controls'},
{combos = {{key = 'Num+'}}, down = iCommandThrottle1Increase, up =  iCommandThrottle1Stop, name = 'Throttle Up', category = 'Flight  Controls'},
{combos = {{key = 'Num-'}}, down = iCommandThrottle1Decrease, up =  iCommandThrottle1Stop, name = 'Throttle Down', category = 'Flight  Controls'},

6. Start DCS, return in the options and remap the buttons - the bindings "Throttle Up (joystick)" and "Throttle Down (joystick)" should have disappeared but you should be now able to map the joystick buttons next to the keyboard options.

I don't know if there is any side effect, but it worked quite well for me, I hope it will be working for you too.

The options menu / controls should now look like the picture below.

Throttle_bindings_fix.png.84dc323a770d18ee14e6c8796afe8a92.png

Edited by PiedDroit
add picture / clarify

• 10 months later...
Glad it helped :thumbup:

Remember that the modified .lua is likely to be overwritten (or even fixed) on next update.

Hello PiedDroit,

Thank you a lot ! Now I have my MiG-21 ; Su-25T and TF-51 with working joystick throttle !

In my case, after editing the file you posted, I had to change at the options the Axis Assign: Joy_Z to: Joy_SLIDER1.

( My "Thrustmaster TOPGUN" doesn't seem to have Joy_Z...)

Best regards.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB