Thrustmaster Target for Hotas Wartog

I was hoping we could use this thread for discussing Target programming of the Thrustmaster Hotas Wartog and how to use Target in General.

We originally started here but it quickly went beyond the scope of the OP and so I thought it was proper not to hijack it any further.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190477

Edited by DeepDrummer

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

There are many wonderful scripts out there and many of us would like to create our own.

I personally had many false starts and then suddenly it clicked and I have been working away at some nice scripts.

My reason for making my own is to always have an individual right there who can make changes or fixes. Everyone does not want everything in the same place seems like a fair statement.

I used someone elses great script once. Then Target changed and the script no longer worked.

In my frustration, I put DCS down for a long long time.

Coming back from that, now making my own, I have no fear.

It's fun to tinker is another fair statement.

No question should be too easy or too hard. This is a place for learning.

My first burning question stems from Home Fries and cichlidfan statement "virtually every command can be assigned to a directx button" Help Home Fries, cichlidfan, anyone. How do I do that? Exactly. How do I tell DCS that it's unbound key is going to put my landing gear down using target? What DX code can I tell the key to use when DCS has no DX code allocate to do that action? I am thick headed maybe. I am no genius.

This is a great place to lay that out if you feel so kind.

Note: I have used Home Fries Script in the past and it is awesome if you want to go that route.

I am really enjoying learning this stuff. It's almost as much fun as flying and when you're done and you get up there and everything works? Priceless.

People who receive things as gifts never respect them. People who build them themselves treasure them forever.

Help us build our own and maybe we can help others.

The Human race doomed itself when knowledge became a commodity to be bought and sold.

Statements, questions and answers should pertain to Thrustmaster Target software and may include anything required to make that effective.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

Today, I decided to try and go to the actual Script code and try to figure out how to get the U and D layers back off the boatswitch so I can have pure single aircraft files as a base to draw from for future experiments. Otherwise, if you flip the boat switch you'd have nothing since nothing is programmed into those positions as of yet.

You can drag a key into the layers in the "edit layers" screen of the GUI but you cannot drag them back out.

You can drag another switch there to overwrite it but in order to make it not use any switch if you have assigned one, it appears you have to edit the code. Darn.

Target: please fix that tiny bug.

I figured layer 1 was fine since it was the S4 paddle and so I removed the lines (around line 27) that contained the references through to Layer 64.

Back into the GUI and it worked. They no longer exist in the GUI as Layers.

My eventual P-51 (starting construction today maybe after flying the 109 some more) will not have U and D layers, nor will my BF 109K-4.

My Spitfire standalone as well will not have U and D layers.

All will have an S4 Paddle momentary layer.

My goal is to have a Spit as Middle Layer, 109 as U layer (Boatswitch back) and P-51 as D Layer (boatswitch forward).

Since they are only single Target files and DCS doesn't get changed other than add in some key bindings, I can flip back and forth by taste.

I am not sure if the Jets I prefer would be well served by this method of multiple aircraft as one could run out of buttons.

Time to test the BF 109K-4.

One file 3247 lines long till I had to use the script editor for one minute to delete one block.

That could have been a ton of typing and copying and pasting for a near blind man. ;)

My Spitfire Profile

My Spitfire Profile got posted and updated today here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3198372&postcount=179

We can discuss it here if you like.

Edited by DeepDrummer

3 Profiles built but on the 4th (with 2 aircraft with one on a layer seems to glitch from time to time at present ..debugging). I'll have to revisit that or just use one file per aircraft. decision made. One file will leave tons of extra buttons.

I wonder if VAC and a decent headset would be cool to use for the radio commands. (more realism). More reading to do I guess..

Ok. I am officially addicted to DCS again after year or so off.

With Rift, there is a built-in MIC, so VAC/Vaicom is a marriage made in heaven.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Oh, now you're hitting the spot. I've been wondering what mic to get.

It can't happen today but I can see the beauty of it.

I posted my P-51 profile today in the profile repository..

All three have been tested to go keyboard free. with PTT for TS or radio (Vac/Vaicom perhaps someday when I have a mic or rift) and a button to hit the escape key assigned already to the hotas. VAC/Vaicom is still a bit of a pain to integrate so I read today.

Still with VR, the total immersion factor of telling your wingman what to do via voice is insanely attractive. I see it's in the middle of a major upgrade which is good since it will be forever before I get into VR but it IS the ultimate goal.

I wouldn't mind just programming VAC as an AI of sorts. I need a mic for sure.

I am ready whenever my wallet is. It is on lockdown. lol.

It's time for some P-51 missions. Yesss..