Advanced control mapping question?

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a way to configure a control input in DCS to require you to hold the button down for it to continue functioning. For example, say the master arm switch in the KA-50. I would like to make it so you have to hold the input down for it to stay armed, so when I map it to the EAC switch on my Warthog throttle, it'll stay armed as long as the switch is in the on position, then safe as soon as I set it to the off position...

Sorry, I dug through the manual but I couldn't find how to do it...

Open C:\Users\Your_Username\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\Ka-50\joystick\Your_Joystick.lua

Find this line:

{down = iCommandSwitchMasterArm, name = 'Master arm on/off', category = 'Ins Weapons Status and Control Panel PUI-800'},

and change into something like this:

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN5'}}, down = iCommandSwitchMasterArm,    up = iCommandSwitchMasterArm, name = 'Master arm on/off', category = 'Ins Weapons Status and Control Panel PUI-800'},

Change "JOY_BTN5" into appropiate number for the number of your button that you want to use (JOY_BTN2, JOY_BTN9 ...)

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Awesome, thanks a ton!!!! Flying in DCS is about to become so much more immersive now!!!:joystick:

EDIT: Wait... April 1st... That's not an April Fools joke, is it?

Sorry, I get so suspicious of everything on April Fool's...

Edited by wraith444
Paranoia