Cannot change Input controls with new beta update (3 monitors)

Japo32

Hello

I use 3 monitors at 5040x1050 resolution 19:9. I created some time ago in the MonitorSetup my configuration like this one:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Japo_3Pantallas');

Description = 'Japo configuration'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect*3;

}

}

Gui =

{

x = 1680;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

}

UIMainView = Gui

the last lines are because that way the menus and splash screens are in the central screen instead of rendering in all 3 screens.

All was perfect until last update (or previous one. I was 1 week vacations).

So now if I choose that config I see this:

https://gyazo.com/80726ae352b0975f4eeeb6ee095c2abe

All controls are disappeared and I cannot put any new one. Even the top bar labels of each control are blanck.

If I remove that personal config for this one:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Japo_3Pantallas_MenuEstirado');

Description = 'Japo configuration'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect*3;

}

}

it works.. and I can put controls... BUT I loose the central menu. I think there is a bug in your latest betas.

Yes, I have the same problem. It has been true for the last 2 or 3 Open Beta updates, maybe the last 4 updates. But it does not exist in the current non-Beta version of DCS.

I have 3 monitors, 1920x1200 each. Windows 10, Nvidia GTX 1080. Windows 10.

I confirmed that if I select the "1 Screen" Monitors setting (using only 1 monitor of course), I can see the controller configs just fine. But if I select "3 Screen", then I get the same result as shown by Japo32's screen shot above. The "1 screen" and "3 screen" settings I am talking about are the default screen settings LUA files provided by EA.

Further testing....

I deleted my Config folder in C:\users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

and ran DCS. Of course, DCS went to a windowed mode in low resolution. In this state, the Controls menu is fine.

I then selected 1 screen at 1920x1200 (resolution of one of my monitors). The Controls screen is still normal.

Without exiting DCS or changing anything else, I then selected 3 screens and set resolution to 5760x1200. This sets up 3 separate "views", one on each 1920x1200 monitor. Now the Controls menu is messed up.

If I then select 1 screen, but leave 5760x1200, I get 1 "view" which spans my 3 monitors. The Controls screen is normal again.

So it is completely dependent on the selection of multiple views in the "Monitors" setting, but not resolution or aspect ratio.

Note, if I double click on the area where the controller name should be (the heading of a column), it will highlight the text there and I can see it. So the text seems to be there. It just isn't visible.

Having the same issue,

running 3 x monitors at 11520 x 6480

Also when I attempt to select 1 monitor in options my graphics driver gets corrupted and I need to reinstall it.

Just playing around with this further, I tried to change back to 1 monitor, however the game kept crashing at the loading screen on startup. the log file got wiped unfortunately, however it did say DX11 backend, and something about compiling shaders?

anyway once I manually changed the Options Lua back to 3 screens it managed to get it to load again. The options menu still has the same issue above.

Edited by mark35444

VIPER

161 SQN AEF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7 7700X

Corsair H70 Cooler

Corsair DDR4 RAM 32 GB 2400mhz

2x Corsair Hydro GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB

1200 watt Corsair PSU

ASUS 299 TUF MK II Mainboard

Corsair 800D Obsidian case