Music under replay tracks?

Airway

I just went through the replay demo files and played the musical track.

Well hey that was great !

How did one put music under the replay track?

Can I do that also?

If so - how can that be done?

I'm impressed more and more each minute exploring the Black Shark sim. :thumbup:

• ED Team

There are two different ways:

1. Put necessary muzic files in appropriate format to <Game Folder>\Sounds\Samples\RadioMayak\..... (see RadioMayak_ReadMe.txt in this folder)

2. Make your own mission (or edit existing mission/track), add trigger, choose "SOUNDS" in window "Action" and add some muzic (or sound) file.

Open in editor (for example) Courier mission and see.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

Moreover - you can build your own radio (like Mayak) in any place.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

• ED Team
You can use .ogg or .wav files, but in 22KHz and mono ;)

Not limitation for bit rate and channels (mono/stereo). For example, you can use CD quality sounds 44 kHz, stereo. But the lower bit rate and mono give preference in size and decrease the sound loading freeze.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Hi I converted some MP3 music to wav format. I want to add a music file when starting the mission in multiplayer. I tried to set trigger at mission start, then set rules to being alive, then selected my song, works great…

Awesome feature. But will the others in a multiplayer hear the music? That would be very cool.:thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• ED Team
Awesome feature. But will the others in a multiplayer hear the music?
No. Each player will hear only his own local files.

G.K. Chesterton

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is all absolutely unbelievable.

I just made a little test mission, added text and an Alanis Morissette sound file.

This is great and adds a lot of excitement, when making mission for other ones.

But here I came up to the question:

The mission I just made, with the music sound-file added, can I host the file for download and music will be included or does it just read the sound file on my computer?

What do I have to zip for giving away my self made mission files with sound files in it?

Edited by Airway

• ED Team

Any trigger's sound files included in mission file and will upload to all clients from host.

• Like 1

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Thanks! That's good news !

Will increase loading times, I see, but at all this is a good way to make tutorial missions or other interesting projects !

:thumbup:

Can I also host the files manually for download on my webspace?

If someone wants to fly offline at home this mission, you know.

In my case I called the mission simply "Test Flug.miz"

Do I only have to put this "Test Flug.miz" file on my webspace and the sound file will be included?

Thanks for your reply !