Problem with the R-800L1 VHF radio

Maulkin

I jump into the quick mission "Attack insurgents" and without touching anything I hit the '\' key to communicate with my wingman but the menu will not come up.

But the second I touch the ground (with wheels or belly, does not matter as long as I am touching the ground) the radio suddenly works.

I am also unable to communicate with the tower unless I land first. It is pretty funny that I must land in order to ask the ATC if I can land. ;)

To be clear, the menu does not come up at all. NOTE: the 'radio assists' in the Options menu is unchecked.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

UPDATE: The appears to be affecting all DCS Modules. :(

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Wow I would have never found that. According to the options my R-ALT-\ is bound to the SPU-9 PTT (push-to-talk?) in the 'collective' section...but I cannot find that device on the diagram. In fact the only radio transmitter I could find was on the Cyclic but it is marked as not operational (item #4 on page 6-6).

Thanks alot for telling me this. I am now able to communicate in my P-51D as well. :)

Rep inbound!

--Maulkin

The SPU-9 is the transmit-selector panel, so it makes sense that no-assists mode uses that PTT button instead of the easy 'open comms menu' key.

As for its position in the cockpit, they may have misplaced it in the control binding menu, and it could be one of those things they decided not to make clickable in the cockpit (e.g. Shkval slew).

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission