Intermittent crash with Crates

Ciribob

I've just started noticing an intermittent crash with Sling loaded crates.

It often occurs when the slingload helicopter crashes while sling-loading, or if two people use the crate select menu in quick succession.

I've managed to get two complete sets of logs and track files for the latest DCS version 1.2.16.39472

The crates are spawned by the attached script and a test mission is also attached but I've also seen it happen with Mission Editor added crates as well, but I've not managed to get a crash log yet. It also only occurs in Multiplayer, never singleplayer.

I really hope you can track it down as sling loading is my favourite thing... :cry:

Please let me know if you need anything else!

test-mission.miz

Crate Crashes.zip

CTLD.lua

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed that the Mi-8 is now getting an automatic cargo release which means the cargo system is still being worked on. Does that mean this might be fixed?

Were the crash logs I posted any use or do they point to something totally unrelated to sling loading? Do you need me to try to replicate with mission editor crates online?

No worries if what I posted is useless and you want to tell me to shut up about the damn crates :) :) :)

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord