New fglght Model in 2.0 !! ??

CHPL

Thank you for the new flight model in DCS 2.0.

I am surprised because it was not communicated but i am happy anyway !!!

The frame rate also improved !

Great job !!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

You may by right. :smilewink:

After 1.5.4 I deleted every change in the controls setup, 0 curves back to 100 on the Y axis and so on. :pilotfly:

Of course, after hours of searching and dogfighting in the 1.5.4 Gazelle it was late at night (better early in the morning) when starting the 2.0.3 update and I decide to fly a last promenade over the dessert. In deed there was still more adrenalin then Blood in my veins and “ups”, still have the point 2 curve on the cyclic stick and the Y axis reduced to 90.

But the difference between 1.5.4 and 2.0.3 is that kind that after 3 seconds in hover I got the strong impression something is different.

1. Hover is much more stable in 2.0.3

2. When accelerating from hover into forward flight, torque effect is much less, so less input on the pedals is required and the transition is much smother.

3. In 1.5.4 The Gazelle has a strong tendency to gain excessive altitude in curves or when fast decelerating. Last night in 2.0.3 it was gone.

4. Flying a roll in 1.5.4 was not different to the last night experience in 2.0.3. But, try to fly a loop ends in 1.5.4 bevor head down in an uncontrollable attitude. In 2.0.3 it ends after 80 % when the main rotor strikes the Tail boom. I never ever encountered this in 1.5.4. :(

So many different impressions, just because, it was early in the morning and the end of a 7 hour Flight evening ?

O.K. at 03:45 my capability to processing visual inputs may be at 50 % or lower, which will explain my experience of a higher Frame rate.

:megalol: But when it feels after Midnight so much better I will never ever fly bevor 00:01. :megalol:

So please try it and compare the points I mentioned above between 1.5.4 and 2.0.3

I am grounded right now :cry: by my flight director, because, she cud not sleep last night. But Saturday night I will investigate it deeper. :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Damm you are right

Damm you are right

It seems after 3 hour flying with zero changes in the control setup, even slight changes curve of 4 on the cyclic feels like driving a train on rails.

It is amazing how adaptable the human brain is when it coms to assimilate to different needs.

But in case of the Gazelle 70% of it is gone, after 36 hours. :(

For me the excessive climb rate may be easy to control after midnight, because i do everything much slower than.

When i come to a conclusion, out of this experience, and form a pilots point of view, i would say, the flight modele needs still a small change in the future.

However it's always a lot of fun and i love the L version with it's gun :thumbup:

Maybe you like to gunfight in the Gazelle or UH-1 as well, so take this as an invitation. :pilotfly:

Edited by CHPL
shraibfäler

Always happy landings ;)