TM Warthog Afterburner Detent

I created a detent in the throttle. But I can't seem to get the engines to military power at the detent stop.

JOY_RZ is set as left throttle

JOY_Z is set as the right throttle

I tried to adjust the curvature - using this as a starting point.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122496&highlight=afterburner+detent

The best I could get was 76% power at the detent. In Falcon BMS you can set the detent within game, but there doesn't seem to be a similar option in DCS.

Do I need to axis tune both the right and left throttle or just the left?

Thanks!

I've tried a number of things in game - adjusting saturation and implementing curvature. I also check slider on and off.

It seems idle is at military power (68-74% -depending on settings). Nothing happens between the idle detent and military power (start of the afterburner detent) - no change in RPM. I am only able to move between idle and afterburner passed the afterburner detent.

I have calibrated my throttle using TM's calibration tool. Is this an issue outside of the game - i.e. windows?

Anyone have suggestions?

Not sure to understand...

First, which aircraft are you trying to tune the detent for?

Second, what do you mean by:

It seems idle is at military power (68-74% -depending on settings).
When throttle is idle, you get military power in game? Or vice versa?

Nothing happens between the idle detent and military power (start of the afterburner detent) - no change in RPM. I am only able to move between idle and afterburner passed the afterburner detent.
Do you mean that you move the throttle and in game, nothing happens between idle position to the detent? There is something seriously wrong with your throttle if that's the case :wassat:

Normally to adjust the point where the detent is, you only need to set the axis to "slider" mode and adjust the curve.

Also when doing the calibration, make sure to go past the the detent to the full range of the throttle. If it's obvious to you, perfect :)

Not sure to understand...

First, which aircraft are you trying to tune the detent for?

Second, what do you mean by:

When throttle is idle, you get military power in game? Or vice versa?

Do you mean that you move the throttle and in game, nothing happens between idle position to the detent? There is something seriously wrong with your throttle if that's the case :wassat:

Normally to adjust the point where the detent is, you only need to set the axis to "slider" mode and adjust the curve.

Also when doing the calibration, make sure to go past the the detent to the full range of the throttle. If it's obvious to you, perfect :)

I am playing F-15C in DCS World 2.0.

Regarding your first question. FYI - I have installed the TM afterburner detent part so I need to lift the throttle physically over the hump in order to enable the afterburner.

When the throttle is physically between idle detent and the afterburner detent - and I push toward the afterburner detent it has no affect on the engine RPM. Only when lift it over the detent does engine RPM start to increase. The thought that there was something wrong with the throttle did cross my mind.

I will attempt to adjust the curve again. If I move the throttle while tuning the axis for the throttle is there anything that will indicate the location of the detent?

Thanks,

Blain

Thanks! So if the black box with red in the center the location of your afterburner detent?

The first picture is the point at which my afterburner engages, the second is the location of the detent.

The red square only shows the position of the physical axis, the black box is the throttle position in game.

The idea is to make the physical detent correspond to a different in game position, which in this case would be where the afterburner engages.

With the warthog detent in the F15 a curve like this should set MIL power at the stop and engage the afterburner as soon as you lift the throttle past it.

Edited by Vladinsky

I think I may have figured it out. I usually just calibrate the HOTAS using TM's calibration tool. I decided to calibrate using the windows tool and I think that was the culprit. I now can adjust engine RPM between the idle detent and the afterburner detent.

Thanks Vladinsky and PiedDroit for your suggestion!

I think I may have figured it out. I usually just calibrate the HOTAS using TM's calibration tool. I decided to calibrate using the windows tool and I think that was the culprit. I now can adjust engine RPM between the idle detent and the afterburner detent.

Thanks Vladinsky and PiedDroit for your suggestion!

Another problem bites the dust! :thumbup: