Phillips 43" monitor(NOT Tv) only for DCS

So I decided to upgrade a few components of my Obutto triple monitor setup because last week one of my Asus 780Ti`s failed. I decided (Amazon) to go for a Philips 43" 4K Monitor (not TV) ref BDM4350UC and replace it for the middle 1080 in my triple setup, leaving the other two at its sides to see what I can use them for.

As Sli setups are not really supported by DCS, I also thought I will get a 1080Ti, but it will be a Nvidia partner model so I have to wait at least for the end of month. Meanwhile I will play around with the 780Ti that I have left:cry:

First step : Unboxing

attachment.php?attachmentid=160245&stc=1&d=1491319442

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Ok, so i have been trying out this new monitor with only one 780ti....... and everything is simply smoother and i can up many settings!! Im getting nearly 70% more fps.

So 2x780ti Sli with triple monitors=50-70fps

1 780ti with 3840x2160=100-120fps. Both with exact settings only changing screen res.

I suppose that Sli simply doesnt work but shouldnt i be getting the same result or less?

Reffering to the monitor, 43" is perfect, at least fromt the distance in the Obutto R3. The image is very good, clean crisp with bright colours (its IPS) and i love the semi gloss screen, it makes everything look more vivid, at least better than my previous Dell 24".

I havent noticed any input lag, which i did notice experimenting with my Samsung Tv.

Im very happy, its a fantastic match for DCS. I was waiting for the final DCS global version to make this step, but i just couldnt wait any more.

I have only fully played the instant action missions, no more testing for the moment but im really wondering if i should get the 1080Ti, the results with the 780Ti for the moment are quite good.

Anyway after further playing i will take the decision, i have loads of time:joystick:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.