[NOT TRACK FILE INCLUDED] AUTO "CCRP" dropping short + CCIP question

DasPenguin

I've been trying, seemingly in vain, to get CCRP on target, and it doesn't appear to be terribly accurate. However, more than a lack of accuracy, it drops short (by a lot) every time, so it seems like it's miscalibrated or something. I've tried playing with various settings in the stores page to no avail.

Mk. 82/83/84 seems to be better for the most part. Rockeyes and CBU-99s just won't go anywhere near the target, presumably because the munitions they dispense travel on a much more arched ballistic trajectory once the casing separates, and I don't think the avionics are compensating for that. The latter set of munitions' aforementioned problem seems to also affect CCIP accuracy in the same way, and outside of using those in a vertical dive, they seem useless.

In a slightly unrelated question, when dropping in CCIP, there seems to be a bug where it changes the mode to CCRP with a target point about half a kilometer short of the original CCIP drop point. Is this a bug or is there a purpose for this in the real deal?

Thanks!

I've been trying, seemingly in vain, to get CCRP on target, and it doesn't appear to be terribly accurate. However, more than a lack of accuracy, it drops short (by a lot) every time, so it seems like it's miscalibrated or something. I've tried playing with various settings in the stores page to no avail.

Mk. 82/83/84 seems to be better for the most part. Rockeyes and CBU-99s just won't go anywhere near the target, presumably because the munitions they dispense travel on a much more arched ballistic trajectory once the casing separates, and I don't think the avionics are compensating for that. The latter set of munitions' aforementioned problem seems to also affect CCIP accuracy in the same way, and outside of using those in a vertical dive, they seem useless.

In a slightly unrelated question, when dropping in CCIP, there seems to be a bug where it changes the mode to CCRP with a target point about half a kilometer short of the original CCIP drop point. Is this a bug or is there a purpose for this in the real deal?

Thanks!

Are you sure the target point you are talking about (the switching issue) is the actual CCIP crosshair and not CCIP line make a "Cross" at the lowest part of the HUD even thought the reticle is actually being calculated well below the lowest part of the HUD?

It is explained in this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3380639&postcount=1

Are you sure the target point you are talking about (the switching issue) is the actual CCIP crosshair and not CCIP line make a "Cross" at the lowest part of the HUD even thought the reticle is actually being calculated well below the lowest part of the HUD?

It is explained in this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3380639&postcount=1

I know how the CCRP and CCIP functions. I also know about the out of parameters line through the fall line on the CCIP reticle. This is not an amateur mistake, this is a system not working as intended.

Similar issue here - with MK`s and CCIP/AUTO I get accurate results, but CBU`s always fall way before target CCIP/AUTO mode. I did not find anything in the manual yet, bug or we missing something?

EDIT: got the answer on Steam - looks like its a bug:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/223750/discussions/0/1698300679763983552/

Edited by bart86pl