Excessive Texture Loading times

Highwayman-Ed

Since the update to 2.5.3.22652, the textures are taking a long time to load at mission start, and when cycling through models in F2 or F7, the vehicle and or terrain textures are doing the same.

NVidia Drivers 416.16 and still the same after upgrading to 416.34

It doesn't affect all missions it seems, more any missions that have triggers, and the more triggers the slower it seems to load them. The mission in this video in the last build loaded into the cockpit pretty much immediately.

No Mods in use at all.

Same issues in the ME as well where it takes almost 8 minutes to load the texture for the carrier and all aircraft in the scene.

Please excuse the Fighter Pilot Podcast interview audio with Wags in the background of this video!

Occurs in VR or on desktop

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So further to this I've done some troubleshooting and it seems that the problem is strictly related to Multiplayer or at least when an aircraft is set to 'client'

In the attached video in the STABLE release of DCS (I tried it there after noticing the same thing in the Open Beta), the mission contains a carrier group, an F/A-18C cold on the deck and a couple of static objects.

Also... I've noticed that with a new mission, textures are loaded into the ME much quicker than in my previous video where a pre-built mission is loaded.

To the video... Here you'll see me load up the mission with the F/A-18C set to start as Player, I then quit the mission after loading into the cockpit without any issues at all, and make 1 single change to set the F/A-18C to start as a client. Note how it takes well over 2 minutes for the textures to load in when the client is set to multiplayer.

You'll also note some audio 'stutters', this is pervasive throughout the entire multiplayer or client flight with the game effectively freezing every now and then for a split second.

NEW BS CASE I - I.miz

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Further troubleshooting, I blew away my Open Beta, deleted everything and re-installed and it's smooth as silk... Not sure what had gotten caught up in there, or if it's that DCS has been update, over update, over update ever since 2.5 came out, but a clean start has made it run better than I ever remember it running before!

If the DCS guys would like anything from the Stable release build for troubleshooting, I'll keep it on my hard drive for now.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]