Strike at Tunb Island Harbor

LordOrion

Ok, after some days of work my first non-trivial mission for F/A-18C seems to be mature enough to be released for a first look, so here is the "Strike at Tunb Island Harbor" plot:

June 21, 2020:

In the past months, 3 different US cargo ships cruising in the Persian Gulf mysteriously sank while on their way to the port of Kwait City.

Intel reports found evidences that the cause of these "accidents" are torpedos launched form the russian-built, Kilo class diesel/electric submarines of the Iranian Navy, who is trying to disrupt US commercial traffic with the allied Arabic nations in the area. As to be expected, the Iranian government denies any involvement and puts the blame on alleged Iraqi anti-ship mines still active since the first Gulf War in 1990...

Even if they are not the state-of-the-art of naval technology, the Kilos units can be extremely dangerous for cargo ships and oil tankers so they pose a serious threats to US and allied interests in the Gulf area.

A couple of hours ago, one of our spy satellites has caught one of these submarine units (which our analists believe is the 'Yunes', hull No: 903), moored at Greater Tunb Island harbor for what seems to be a resupply of weapons and/or fuel. This operation won't take too much time (we expect that the Yunes sails at about 07:30PM local) but we still have a small window of time to try destroy one of the these dangerous units once can forever: a small strike group will take of immediately and sunk the Yunes before he can leave the harbor and hide underwather.

I'm a complete newbye of the mission editor, so do not expect all the bells and whistles that other, more skilled than me, authors made: this is just a yet-incomplete case-study to test what I have learned so far (triggers, orders, scoring etc...).

So, if you like, take a look at it and send me you comments/thoughts etc...

Thank you

FA-18C - Strike at Tunb Island Harbor - V0.6.zip

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|