Downloading problems

Tez

If you expirience downloading problems, such as disconnects or slowdowns I would suggest using a download manager. I'll write a small guide here.

For Windows I advice the Free Download Manager (the FDM). It's quick and powerfull open source application. In the guide I'll use the lite version.

So you've the FDM installed and launched.

1. Login on the site and get the link to the file.

2. In the FDM main window push the most left button "Add download". "Add download" dialog will pop up.

3. Paste the link into the "URL" field and choose where to save the file in "Save to folder" item. Finally press "OK" to confirm.

4. A download record will appear and downloading will start immediately. Notice that FDM uses several simultaneous connections to get the file.

If the downloading has stopped:

1. Do not delete the download record in the FDM.

2. Login on the site and copy a new link of the file (links change from session to session).

3. In the FDM right click on the download record and choose "Download properties". "Download properties" dialog will appear. Paste the new link instead of the old one into "URL" field. Finally press "OK" to confirm.

4. Make sure the appropriate download record is selected in the FDM and press "Start download" button. The downloading will continue from the place where it stopped.

* Download resuming isn't supported for downloads from lockon.co.uk and lockon.ru sites for now.

** If you will ever encounter a broken file (FC error code #3 or BS #13, #23 while installing) open Options menu > Network tab > set "Maximum number of connections per one server" to 1.

*** To make sure the file is intact you may copy-paste MD5 checksum to "Add download" > "Advanced" > "Integrity" > "Valid checksum of this file". The file will be automatically checked for consistence after downloading. MD5 checksums are on the mirrors list page.

**** A general advice. Notice that you can use different mirrors to download. If the speed is bad just copy-paste link of another mirror to the FDM download record.

Edited by Tez
929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez