Please Assist-Helios is not Playing Nice

Warhog

I've been using Helios for a year now and it has been great. I recently went with a dedicated PC for DCS as I was having conflicts on my previous machine which was running many other non related applications.

This is my setup:

i5-4670k

16GB ram

Win7 64

GTX 770

2 monitors, one of which is a touch screen running the LOZ profile for the A10

2 hid panels with over 60 multi type switches, 2 Phidgets board for 110 LEDS and 6 pots in each panel for volume control on the radios and dimmers for the panel/console lights.

Aero is on.

Running DCS 1.2.7

So here's the problem. When I use my pots they start to go wild in the simulation. Panel lights flickering all over the place and won't simmer down. Then all of a sudden one of my OSB buttons (usually Left OSB 14) gets stuck. I cannot unstick it no matter what I do. I get a large message on both MFCD's "Left OSB Button Stuck" and since it covers 1/3 of the display I usually have to shut down at that point.

I have had the pots act up before on my last PC but I changed the trigger from "return TriggerValue/65536" to "return TriggerValue/65535" and that seamed to work but this time it made no difference. I have also tried picking the cascading trigger box on each binding and that made no difference either. I have never had this stuck button issue before. I attribute it to the pots going wild and that Helios is not receiving a release on that OSB button.

Unfortunately I know very little (read:NOTHING):( about manipulating code in Helios and as such would really like someone to help me find a solution to the problem. The alternative is to remove the pots from the equation assuming if they aren't there to go crazy then my OSB buttons won't get stuck. I do hate to loose this part of my cockpit though.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

After the last update I had all kinds of problems in Helios and dcs with button mapping. I removed the module in dcs world and then reinstalled it. Make sure to copy your key just in case. Then I went into Helios and reloaded my profile and no issues.

But this IS a completely new install of DCS and Helios using all of the latest versions of everything on a brand new, clean, never been used before, PC.:unsure::unsure:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals