Gunsight is not transparent

Maulkin

Not sure when this happened or why but the gunsight is now a grey opaque polygon. I can see the reticule when it turns on but nothing behind it which makes it useless to aim with. Anyone else getting this or know of a way to solve this? Is there some way to repair a DCS module?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I had uninstalled the mod and the problem persisted but I think I must have screwed something up along the way. I did find this little gem:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

and so I tried the following command:

>DCS_updater.exe repair Mi-8MTV2

and viola! Everything is fine again. Now the question is how do I get the english cockpit mod working again.... I really can't live without it now.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Go to /DCS World/Mods/aircrafts/Mi-8MTV2/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Textures

and unzip the MI8MTV-STND-TEXTURES.zip.

Now copy the mod files into that folder and leave it as it is (works fine, no need to zip it again and overwrite the original file).