Hi everyone,

I am new to DCS and downloaded it yesterday from Steam. it downloaded and installed without error. Uppon starting the game everything looks normal. But when i start the training mission i get very dark ground/cockpit . (SCREENSHOT).

These are my system specs:

------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Processor: i7-3770 CPU

Memory: 16GB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Gfx: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 4G DDR5

Displays:

3x 1920*1080 screens

1x 1360*768 (TV)

Full DXDiag Report

As seen on the screenshot i only use 1 display for gaming.

The color of the sky seems normal. The game is unplayable like this(at least for a new player). I've looked around on the forum for similar threads but found none. Is this a known issue or not? I've tried adjusting the graphical settings multiple times, tried different displays, and some other training missions. Problem still occurs.

Any help is seriously appreciated, thx in advance.

Hi everyone,

I am new to DCS and downloaded it yesterday from Steam. it downloaded and installed without error. Uppon starting the game everything looks normal. But when i start the training mission i get very dark ground/cockpit . (SCREENSHOT).

These are my system specs:

------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Processor: i7-3770 CPU

Memory: 16GB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Gfx: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 4G DDR5

Displays:

3x 1920*1080 screens

1x 1360*768 (TV)

Full DXDiag Report

As seen on the screenshot i only use 1 display for gaming.

The color of the sky seems normal. The game is unplayable like this(at least for a new player). I've looked around on the forum for similar threads but found none. Is this a known issue or not? I've tried adjusting the graphical settings multiple times, tried different displays, and some other training missions. Problem still occurs.

Any help is seriously appreciated, thx in advance.

Yeah, that is friggn dark ... not to say pure black! :o)

Looks like the textures are not loaded. Try to do a repair. Afaik Steam has somewhere some kind of function that allows you to check your installation and to repair damaged or missing files.

DCS also has it's own repair function for this purpose, but I don't know how or if that works together with a Steam install... maybe you try this:

• open a cmd window (start menu: type "cmd.exe")
  • go to your DCS installation folder, subfolder "bin": CD C:\<...>\DCS World\bin
  • issue repair command: DCS_updater.exe repair

Hi, actually when i edit the image and do a color invert i can see all the instruments. So i tried with my screen on max brightness, it is stilll not playable, but i can see that the textures are loaded.

I will try to reinstall it completly and see that it helps.