Thick's build

Thick8

It's starting to take shape. I decided to draw up my own side consoles. I like dimebugs but don't have a CNC router available to me at this time. It's drawn up in SAE as I live in the US. I'm not using DZUS rails so I just made the top rails out of wood. everything was glued together and brad nailed. the rest of the switches came in and I'm in the process of installing them. Still have to make another VHF radio and the UHF radio. Once I get everything wired up I'll see about learning Ardiuno to put in some segmented displays. Here's a couple of pics of the progress made the last couple of days.

John

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

An answer for an easy caution panel. I cut the bottom plate to accommodate a small VGA monitor from ebay. There is no middle plate. Using Helios, I program a green square to display on the screen for each caution indicator. There is no bleed through between panel elements and there is no need to interface any additional hardware. here is a pic of me testing it out before ordering the monitor.

• Like 1

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

An answer for an easy caution panel. I cut the bottom plate to accommodate a small VGA monitor from ebay. There is no middle plate. Using Helios, I program a green square to display on the screen for each caution indicator. There is no bleed through between panel elements and there is no need to interface any additional hardware. here is a pic of me testing it out before ordering the monitor.

Pretty slick! I like it. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: