OT: Movie of the Week

I just got 'The Final Countdown' on DVD. This movie is so sweet, with tons of first class F-14, A-7 and carrier footage. The dogfight between the Tomcats and the Zeros is just a classic :)

Many consider Top Gun as the most influental aviation movie of the 1980s, but for me it was devenitly The Final Countdown. It was when I first saw that movie as a kid I fell in love with the Tomcat and naval aviation straight away. I remember I watched to film over and over again.

If there is ever going to be a naval aviation sim, it got to be Tomcats, Corsairs and Intruders in 1979 ( with those sweet 70s high-vis paint schemes ). Thats just to only true air wing of a carrier. Well you know, what you see the first time in kids age will always be to only true thing. Oh and of course the only true Tomcat squadron are the Jolly Rogers :)

So my tip of the week, watch that movie and enjoy :) Perhaps it will bring up some old memories as well.

If there is ever going to be a naval aviation sim, it got to be Tomcats, Corsairs and Intruiders in 1979 ( with those sweet 70s high-vis paint schemes ). Thats just to only true air wing of a carrier.

As long as the theater doesn't involve fighting Zeros, I'm with you! ;)

Too bad the US Navy was never really present at any European airshows... now the Tomcat is retiring, and I never had a chance to see one live :(

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
I just got 'The Final Countdown' on DVD. This movie is so sweet, with tons of first class F-14, A-7 and carrier footage. The dogfight between the Tomcats and the Zeros is just a classic :)

Many consider Top Gun as the most influental aviation movie of the 1980s, but for me it was devenitly The Final Countdown. It was when I first saw that movie as a kid I fell in love with the Tomcat and naval aviation straight away. I remember I watched to film over and over again.

If there is ever going to be a naval aviation sim, it got to be Tomcats, Corsairs and Intruiders in 1979 ( with those sweet 70s high-vis paint schemes ). Thats just to only true air wing of a carrier. Well you know, what you see the first time in kids age will always be to only true thing. Oh and of course the only true Tomcat squadron are the Jolly Rogers :)

So my tip of the week, watch that movie and enjoy :) Perhaps it will bring up some old memories as well.

No way, dude that film was on british TV on channel 5 on sunday, real nice carrier footage of corsair and tomcats, pity they only had 2 zeros to pwn :)

I was always wanting them to go pwn the japs at pearl, now that would of been a site to see.

me wonders if that film was the philidelphia experiment caught on film :p

They were stupid to take that carrier back threw the storm, as they could of preveted millions of deaths and also stopped the cold war thus the us of ghey being the one and only superpower on earth , what a waste. Imagine what would of happened if that was true and it stayed in the 40s ?????????

dunno bout any of you, but I love the mean look of corsairs, it looks as tho its gonna eat ya up with its huge mouth/intake.