radio command requires landing

degeus71

Hi all, :helpsmilie:

Either I'm doing something wrong or there's a bug in the use of Radio Commands in the UH-1H : I can not issue any Radio Commands while in the air, only when I'm on the ground.

Often a bit silly : I have to land before I can ask permission to Land... give Patrol Updates ... relay Start of Patrol ....

This seems to be the case in all missions where Radio Commands have to be issued and I seem to recall having had the same problem when doing Slingloads on MultiPlayer as well.

Known 'feature'?

Edited by degeus71

Turns out for my specific keyboard (Azerty, not Qwerty) the work-around combination that unlocks the Radio Command menu while in the air is : ALTGR+µ

Seems depending on the "exotic" keyboard in use (non-US Qwerty? non-International Qwerty?) other combinations may do the trick. Others were succesfull with ALTGR+\ or ALTGR+#.

Strangly enough binding the relevant function to your HOTAS DOES NOT work so only way to go is trial and error, it seems.

My "µ" key is right above the right-shift key and next to the Enter key. So if you have this problem and none of the options above work you might want to try ALTGR+[key above Right Shift and next to Enter], whatever key that may be.

Edited by degeus71