Help w/Radar signatures

Bud

Hi

Having a bit of a problem mates with friend or foe. Can anyone direct me to

a link that best explains this. Both radar and thermal

Jolly good ole boy.

The other night I was flying and fighting for me life. A radar guided missles was fired at me, turn off my radar went thermal dove for the ground poped_ up and my teammate come flyin into me view and I thought he was the man. Well I let him have it...Boy did they scream bloody murder!!!

Oh, did I mention not just once but several times....:horseback

regards

Noboru

For Russian radar. If it is a single horizontal line, -, then it is enemy. This line can have multiple dashes shows signal return strength like, ---. For friendly it will be, =, or ===, depending on signal return strength.

For Russian EOS, there is no friendly/foe. All contacts return as -, ---, depending on thermal signature. You MUST use radar to IFF.

For F15, a horizontal bar is enemy, a dot is friendly.

For Russian EOS, there is no friendly/foe. All contacts return as -, ---, depending on thermal signature. You MUST use radar to IFF.
In Russian birds there is no IFF in VS, Bore, Helmet, FI0 modes and Shetka grid.

Make sure you are in STT mode and check for a friendly letter on the left side of the HUD before firing the missile.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Really, I can IFF in VS, Bore and HMTD just fine.

My most common attack profile with a MiG29 is to lock with radar. When I 'Tally' the contact, I switch to HMTD. Hopefully I have a wingman who can keep an eye on the engagement. So no need to check IFF.

But if there are multiple bandits, and both me and wingman need to engage then SA get lower. So you tend to break your eyes from contact, and you loose lock sometimes, maybe dodging missile. So in that case I am almost always in VS or HMTD, and default is EOS. When I lock a target, I always turn radar on real quick to check IFF and if no F, BOOM BABY!. Not always, sometimes the bastard gets me too :)

But it should work, just remember that it comes on default in EOS, just turn radar on. I forget the symbology on left of HUD. 1 is EOS, 1 is Radar, 1 is active return, the bottom is IFF. If you are in HMTD for example, with EOS on, Radar on, and a bogey locked... if all 4 letter are on, firing would result in criminal charges hehe

Thank you mates, but today I witnessed on my tws in a mig29 a triangle shoot down a circle (friendly). I then engaged the triangle (enemy) so i thought), shot him down in bore sight mode and was given a negative 100 points.

Is this a Bug ?

regards

Noboru