question about track/replay stability

Hi

I've noticed that when you just fly an aircraft, you can be flying for a long time and the replay will still replicate what you did perfectly.

For some reason, the "rebel base" mission in the huey always throws the track off from what it should be. I've tried three times just to see if I can get a replay that works. But it seems the main problem is the infantrymen, they are at different places so that the huey guns actually miss them in the replay.

Enemies seem to aim differently, and damage different things on the helicopter. When playing back the track, someone hit something that killed my crosshair, which never happened in the real play-through.

Is there anything I can do to make the tracks work? Making my own missions, are there any vehicles or something that operate more predictably? I killed 25 fuel trucks in the FW 190 as a practice mission, that replay played back fine, although nothing was shooting at me... SO i guess maybe stuff that shoots throws replays off?

Thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...

IMO the feature that has the most negative impact on replays is time warp. If you use it you can almost bet the track is broken.

Otherwise the "more complex - more errors" rule applies. I can hardly create ANY working replay track when flying the A-10C, even on short missions, and even when I don't use time warp. With the Mi-8 it is almost as bad.

With FC3 planes it works much better.

Sorry for re-opening this thread, but I also have a replay issue and is that I can't do absolutely anything during the replay, which is a pitty because I wanted to take some screenshots from different camera modes and angles, but whenever I try to change the camera or deactivate the labels (actually whenever I press any key) the PC will automatically asume I'm taking control of the aircraft and will stop doing whatever is suposed to do, but I haven't pressed the "take control" button.