P-51 Controller Settings

Jarm1941

After searching, can't find help for assigning throttle to my controller. I'm using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Is it possible to assign throttle up/down with the P-51 using the Logitech, and if yes...where can I find some instruction for doing so? I'm new at DCS so help very much appreciated.

Guess I should also request info where I can print a cheat sheet for the various key commands (way too many for this old guy to remember) :book:

Thx

Jarm1941

I don't have the sim with me here, but from memory, when you go to the Controls menu, there is a subsction in the dropdown menu named "Axis".

Among the axis controls you'll have an entry for the throttle, another for Prop rpm, and even for mixture, although in the p51d it is probably best to assign it to a rotary...

Pick the one name "throttle", choose the column associated with your controller and click on the box at the interception between the two. An identification / calibration / tuning window will popup. Cycle your controller axis in order for it to get identified, and then see if it's in the right "direction", otherwise you can open that menu again and under the tuning settings tick the "Invert" box....

It's really "complex" when we first look at the controller assignment menus in DCS, specially when coming from FSX or X-Plane :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

under the AXIS tab at the top, Assign it like your X/Y joystick. REMEMBER, There is Manifold Presure AND RPM to think about, RPM is set to PG UP/DOWN by default.if you need a 3DS Extreme profile for it PM me, mine is verybasic., However for the P51, I would Recomend getting http://www.walmart.com/ip/Saitek-Pro-Flight-Throttle-Quadrant-PC-Gaming/8304652 As it has 3 throttle Axis you can use like (Flaps,Manifold Presure, RPM) and it makes flying greatcause you dont have to LOOK at the throttle to see where you are at with it. and its something you can use on any/all Modules.

• 3 weeks later...

button assignment

I am able to get to the controller config screen. is shows my ch throttle, pro pedals, and Logitech 3d extreme pro joystick.

when I select a box (from matrix) say, joystick and elevator trim up I am lost as to how to assign a ,say button 5, to this flight surface control.

if this is confusing I can try again.

thanks