Carrier Ops

jcbak

Like most of you, I'm looking forward to the release of the F/A18E as well as carrier ops. Forgive my ignorance, but will carrier ops be available in multi-player? I'm guessing that a small number of players could be accommodated. However, in the case of servers hosting several players (e.g. 104th Phoenix), how would that be accomplished? Carrier ops isn't a deal breaker for me by any stretch. I'm looking forward to the next few months of DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Its a little early to start speculating how it will all work in public servers however we (104th) have discussed some ideas about how we would make it work.

The most likely scenario would be multiple aircraft carriers in mission, probably something like 3 on Blue.

We would have our own private carrier for 104th crew only to help us avoid accidents with the public, as everyone trying to operate from one deck would end in total disaster.

We are also considering having some kind of 'test' for public clients to pass before being permitted on deck. As you can imagine, everyone is going to want to land on the boat! This will undoubtably lead to many crashes and sunken Hornets, so we want to encourage people to practice OFFLINE first before trying to land on the deck in our server.

We do not want people 'learning' how to trap in our server for obvious reasons.

We are not sure how we would work it out however the ideal situation would be only people who are on teamspeak and have been added to a 'Deck Qualified' group would be permitted to use the Carrier based Hornets, everyone else would have to take a land based Hornet until they qualified to land on one of our carriers.

Obviously this is going to take some working out however the above scenario is ideally what we are striving towards, with users submitting an offline track of them trapping 4-5 times without incident before being added to the 'Deck Qualified' group.

As you can imagine this will be subject to change however :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Looking forward to it as I'm on your server just about every night. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]