F-86 Jet Rumble Sound

Djent33

Hi guys.

In this video that rumbling noise is there as I understand due to the fan at work:

Installation: Extract the “F86 Engine Rumble.zip“, open it and move the “Sounds” folder to Login\Saved Games\DCS.

In case you find the “Sounds” folder in that directory do not overwrite anything, simply move the two .sdef files to to Login\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds and two .wav files to Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Engines.

Please make sure that you identify the Login\Saved Games\DCS location correctly as it is not recommended to smash into DCS install.

Edited by Djent33

nice thanks for sharing...:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I’ve changed the sounds mode and description in the initial post.

It now has a low resonance between the channels at 43 and 43.5Hz saturated with jet rumble which makes an effect of woo woo wooooooo some times at low RPM% 50-75 and can be described as an atmospheric rather than primary effect of the engine in the cockpit (it‘s relatively quiet but low saturated and cut below 30Hz), plus some other high-mid mix has been added to the third wav loop.

I’ve been flying with it for a few days and it seems alright so far even though there are some funny harmonics on high frequencies some times.:smilewink:

Rumblev2.zip

Edited by Djent33
  • Like 1