dogfighting now

gavagai

Or easy and cheap. I always fly with twist and have no problems.

Same here. I guess if you learn one way it becomes easy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

If you learn with twist, you'll likely think it's just as good as pedals--until you've tried (& learned) pedals. Will probably find pedals cumbersome and awkward for a while after the switch. But all of my virtual flight students whom I successfully persuaded to switch (sample size of perhaps a dozen) recognized the absolute superiority of pedals within a month of the switch. Usually about two weeks. One fellow took notably longer; no idea why. At first, there was much frustration, because they had to un-learn the bad habits of twist and learn new good habits, which is difficult. Often initially reported that twist was easier. But in the end, all of them admitted that they did better with pedals than with twist.

There's a reason for the superiority of pedals: there are several mathematical absolutes which result (both individually and accumulative) in pedals simply being superior. The main two are throw and "digit-brain workload." As I always say, "there's a damn good reason why real aircraft have pedals instead of twisty sticks." (And it isn't merely tradition, a continuation from when the first aircraft did it that way by necessity.) The only real aircraft which have even the option of twisty stick are a very few fully fly-by-wire aircraft, in which the flight computer makes the majority of the control inputs. Even most FA FBW aircraft still have pedals as the exclusive yaw control.

Edited by Echo38