Low Rider

Baasar

Jesus Christ, how much practice did it take to fly this course?

Mind posting the mission somewhere so others can try as well? Looks like a really fun challange :pilotfly:

In my Sense Of Speed video with A-10C someone put up a comment like "It would take 100 crashes for me to do the same" or something like that but that's about what it took for me to do that video. I think I managed this Ka-50 version with quite a bit less crashing because of lots of practice with A-10 under my belt but bottom line is you got to put in the hours to do something out of the ordinary. Low altitude flying at high speed requires good sense of where the aircraft is going (TVV helps with this a lot but doesn't make the skill redundant), ability to intuitively anticipate the aircrafts reactions to control inputs and smooth flying technique. Sensing the flight path and smooth control technique are universal skills that transfer between plane types and help with every type of flying.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

If I haven't flown the KA-50 for a while I like reacquaint myself by doing funnel maneuvers around random objects. Orbit different objects while keeping your nose pointed at the object. Alter your speed, altitude, and distance from the object. You'll typically have to keep all flight surfaces in constant movement to maintain the funnel. Also, try it with and without pitch and role AP, but heading AP should always be off.

I find this fine tunes my cyclic/collective coordination, and calibrates my brain to the bird pretty quickly.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm